- 8-inch Aperture with Excellent Light-gathering Ability.
- f/10 Focal Ratio for High Magnification.
- Computerized GoTo System Will Track Objects for You.
- Unique Design, Simple Disassemble for Easy Transport.
The Celestron NexStar 8SE is the most popular 8-inch computerized telescope on the market, especially for beginner astronomy. Use it for both deep-space and planetary astrophotography at the touch of a button. Its aperture (the internal part of the telescope that captures light) is powerful enough to provide spectacular views of the Moon, planets, and deep-sky objects (like the Whirlpool Galaxy and the Hercules Globular Cluster).
THIS IS THE SIGNATURE ORANGE-TUBE TELESCOPE YOU REMEMBER!
CELESTRON NEXSTAR 8SE TOP 3 FEATURES
- A fully automated GoTo mount, with a database of 40,000 plus celestial objects, will automatically locate and track objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. For beginners, easily set up your telescope on any three bright objects in the sky.
- Its unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod can be disassembled and reassembled into separate components for easy transport.
USING THE CELESTRON NEXSTAR 8SE VISUALLY
A 1.25-inch visual back (where you can attach accessories), 1.25-inch Mirror diagonal (helps you see the image upright) and a 1.25-inch 25 mm Plossl eyepiece (where the light comes through) comes standard with this telescope.
This eyepiece and diagonal combination will make the Moon (its width is about the size of the U.S.A.) appear 81x bigger than your naked eye! The 25 mm eyepiece is great for beginners because of its medium level of brightness and a mid-range magnification (how much detail it captures).
One eyepiece is not enough to give you the best viewing experience with this telescope, so you get four additional eyepieces for no additional cost!