“Just a small note to say that this was a fantastic tutorial. It was like a good book, hard to put down. It has helped me a lot with my processing” – Hector Merced, Maryland, USA
A guide for beginners!
Follow along with this tutorial as you image process at your own pace.
Developed with beginners in mind it includes a full OSC dataset to follow along with, processing icons and easy to follow visual instructions on how to use PixInsight. You’ll learn how to inspect your data, as well as how to calibrate, align and stack it along with processing your image from start to finish.
Hosted by Shawn Nielsen of VisibleDark
Topics discussed include:
- Basic overview of the Pixinsight workspace and user interface
- Adding processing scripts into PixInsight
- Importing the provided process icons
- Calibrating, weighting, aligning and stacking to create a master light in WBPP
- How to crop out edge artifacts using the Dynamic Crop tool.
- Auto stretching your master light for processing without making it non-linear
- How to remove vignetting and background gradients using Dynamic Background Extraction
- Colour calibrating using the colour calibration tool, photometric colour calibration and the autocolor script
- How to restore lost detail and improve stars using Deconvolution
- Linear noise reduction using the Multiscale Linear Transform tool.
- Histogram transformation, stretching your image from linear to non-linear
- Removing green cast often present in OSC data
- Additional noise reduction using TGVDenoise
- Mask creation (star masks, range masks, background masks)
- Fixing washed out details using the HDR Multiscale transform tool
- Local Histogram Equalization
- Colour Saturation
- Curves transformation to boost your deepsky object from the background
- Sharpening image details using Multiscale Linear Transform
- Saving your project
- Saving your image as a JPG to share with family and friends!
PixInsight is actively developed and there have been some changes, mostly with the WBPP script. This tutorial was first available in 2021 and will still provide you with a wealth of good information and instructions on many aspects of PixInsight, processes, scripts and a proven workflow. It will greatly help your understanding of this advanced astro imaging editing software. The price for this tutorial has now been reduced 50% in light of these points, and I feel it is still a valuable resource for those wanting to learn PixInsight.
Get my PixInsight tutorial for beginners today!
BUY NOW for just
$30 $15 (save 50%)…
I just wanted to let you know that the tutorial video is great (along with all your other great astrophotography “how to” videos!) , and I now I have a decent grasp of the basic workflow in Pixinsight. – Wayne Parker (Skyshed/Skypod), Canada
Excellent tutorial! Well organized and presented and great to step through with the included image files. Thank you! I highly recommend it. – Alan Dyer (Photographer), Canada
Save 50% and start learning PixInsight today!