“Just a small note to say that this was a fantastic tutorial. It was like a good book, hard to put down. It has helped me a lot with my processing” – Hector Merced, Maryland, USA
Completely new tutorial for 2021!
Developed with beginners in mind it includes a full OSC dataset to follow along with, processing icons and easy to follow visual instructions on how to use PixInsight. You’ll learn how to inspect your data, as well as how to calibrate, align and stack it along with processing your image from start to finish.
Hosted by Shawn Nielsen of VisibleDark
Topics discussed include:
- Basic overview of the Pixinsight workspace and user interface
- Adding processing scripts into PixInsight
- Importing the provided process icons
- Calibrating, weighting, aligning and stacking to create a master light in WBPP
- How to crop out edge artifacts using the Dynamic Crop tool.
- Auto stretching your master light for processing without making it non-linear
- How to remove vignetting and background gradients using Dynamic Background Extraction
- Colour calibrating using the colour calibration tool, photometric colour calibration and the autocolor script
- How to restore lost detail and improve stars using Deconvolution
- Linear noise reduction using the Multiscale Linear Transform tool.
- Histogram transformation, stretching your image from linear to non-linear
- Removing green cast often present in OSC data
- Additional noise reduction using TGVDenoise
- Mask creation (star masks, range masks, background masks)
- Fixing washed out details using the HDR Multiscale transform tool
- Local Histogram Equalization
- Colour Saturation
- Curves transformation to boost your deepsky object from the background
- Sharpening image details using Multiscale Linear Transform
- Saving your project
- Saving your image as a JPG to share with family and friends!
Below: Fred Keller of Indiana, USA, used my 2020 beginners
tutorial steps to process his M33 data. Fabulous result!
Testimonials from my 2020 PixInsight beginners tutorial..
More testimonials about my 2020 PixInsight beginners tutorial….
Tutorial video is great…
I just wanted to let you know that the tutorial video is great (along with all your other great astrophotography “how to” videos!) , and I now I have a decent grasp of the basic workflow in Pixinsight. – Wayne Parker (Skyshed/Skypod), Canada
Well organized and presented…
Excellent tutorial! Well organized and presented and great to step through with the included image files. Thank you! I highly recommend it. – Alan Dyer (Photographer), Canada
Get my new 2021 beginners tutorial and learn PixInsight today!
BUY NOW for just $25…
Below: AstroRuz of AstroFarsography on Youtube used my 2020 beginners tutorial
steps to process his M31 data. Incredible result!
Learn PixInsight! New 3 hour instructional tutorial for 2021.
BUY NOW for just $25…