Let me help you learn how to use PixInsight today!
Learn PixInsight with my one-on-one lessons. We can use your data or mine and I can help you quickly and easily learn how to process your astro images like a pro. Struggling to understand PixInsight? Let me help! By enlisting my tutoring services you’ll gain valuable insight on your equipment and data quality as well as learn a proven and easy workflow that will help you produce the best images your data will provide. You’re free to ask questions along the way and we can tailor the lessons for specific needs. Contact me today for rates and availability. You can reach me at: [email protected]
Topics we can discuss but not limited to:
- Basic overview of the Pixinsight workspace and user interface
- Adding processing scripts into PixInsight
- Calibrating, weighting, aligning and stacking to create a master light in WBPP 2.
- How to crop out edge artifacts using the Dynamic Crop tool.
- Auto stretching your master light for processing without making it non-linear
- How to remove additional vignetting and background gradients using Dynamic Background Extraction
- Colour calibrating using the colour calibration tool, photometric colour calibration and the autocolor script
- Linear/non-linear noise reduction.
- Histogram transformation, stretching your image from linear to non-linear
- Removing green cast often present in OSC data
- Star extraction and processing
- Mask creation (star masks, range masks, background masks)
- Fixing washed out details using the HDR Multiscale transform tool
- Local Histogram Equalization
- Colour Saturation
- Curves transformation to boost your deepsky object from the background
- Sharpening image details using Multiscale Linear Transform
- Saving your project
- Saving your image as a JPG to share with family and friends!