Taken with the new Starfield Optics 8″ astrograph and Starizona Nexus reducer/corrector to make it an F3 light collecting beast! Also used, a QHY268M camera and Optolong Ha-R-G-B filters.
This image focuses on the Cygnus Wall. The Cygnus Wall is a portion of a much larger nebula called the “North America Nebula” located around 2600 light years from Earth.
The hydrogen clouds in these nebulas are lit by stars showering ionized radiation on them.
Processed in PixInsight. Imaged from my backyard.
- Starfield Optics 8″ Astrograph (native F4)
- Starizona NEXUS .75 reducer/coma corrector for F3 https://bit.ly/3MCijaB
- QHY268M CMOS Camera (https://bit.ly/3Aj23FE), 26mp, 3.76um @ -10C
- QHY CFW3-L 7 position https://bit.ly/3jAp9Sb
- Optolong Ha-OIII-SII filters https://bit.ly/3dvhqBa
- Skywatcher EQ6 mount / Skyshed Pier (Skyshedpod.com)
- Pegasus Astro Focus Cube (EAF) https://bit.ly/3dzagfr
- NINA for acquisition
- Processed in PixInsight
- Seeing and transparency: average to good
- Total integration time: 1 hour 47min (1min subs)
- Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Buying astro gear? Help support my efforts in bringing the astro community new content (videos, tutorials, tips, reviews) by using these affiliate links to purchase astro equipment. I’ll receive a small commission at no cost to you.
New to Pixinsight image processing? Get in touch! I provide one-on-one lessons via Zoom.
Join other supporters on my Patreon here: https://bit.ly/3v5dEaB
You can also buy me a coffee via Paypal! https://paypal.me/visibledark